Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

Tin Foil Hat So, is Tropica Aquarium Plants finally coming to the USA???

Tropica posted on Instagram today, 9/18/2026, that plants will be available in late 2026, with aquariums added in 2027. There is a link in their instagram bio to sign up for notifications, with a gift (unspecified) for the first 100.
 
I was told is don't expect their full line up day one it will be their greatest hits so to speak and the rarer stuff will follow. Still amazingly happy I decided ADA and Tropica are it for me. if I am not buying from fellow scapers direct.
Correct. Troels Andersen told me that the initial lineup will be 38 plants from their tissue culture lineup. Eventually expanding to the full 70 plant catalog range. Potted plants are an unknown at this juncture. The focus is TC plants, then their aquarium lineup.
 
I’m glad they are selling TC direct to consumer. I’d be happier when they sell the rest of their line, especially the plant clip line.

The USDA would have no problem with imports of their plant clip line because they are bare root. All it takes is the phytosanitary certificate and an application. No idea why they are not available today.
 
This “bare root” thing, I’ve purchased rock wool plants in the past from GLA that were Tropica? They didn’t usually have much in stock, but it was Tropica potted plants. Unless they falsely advertised lol
Tropica has a facility in the U.S even though their North American operations are based in Vancouver. That's where I get my Tropica wholesale potted plants from so I'm sure that's where your plants originated.
 
I’m glad they are selling TC direct to consumer. I’d be happier when they sell the rest of their line, especially the plant clip line.

The USDA would have no problem with imports of their plant clip line because they are bare root. All it takes is the phytosanitary certificate and an application. No idea why they are not available today.
I spoke with them and the clip plants are a shipping issue. They just wont make it healthy enough. They are still working on it though. Stoked as I am in Georgia!
 

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top