Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks. Very helpful.They'll form sideshoots in time. This sideshoots will grow into the size of adults in thickness. But for quick propagation. Every stem there you can cut in half. Plant the tops. Leave the bottoms. Both genus will sideshoot very fast. You'll find multiplication very easy in these two genus'. If you just leave them the tonina genus will take longer but they will form sideshoots. These are not slow plants, multiplying them is very rapid.
Sorry, I don't want to "hijack" the thread, but I think it's very related.Ive not met a single syng that bottoms do not sideshoot. I thought vichada but it proved me wrong. Or maybe syng bahia which may belong in the eriocaulon genus.
Vichada - midgroundSorry, I don't want to "hijack" the thread, but I think it's very related.
I plan to buy from a reputable hobbyist:
- Vichada
- lindosa
- uoapes
How is their growth pattern? I'd like to use these plants as transition from foreground to midground, behind small/carpeting plants.
I'll be able to form bushes? They'll take pruning well and in which way?
Thanks
Hopefully I can grow it, and compact too ahaha. I'm placing in a 110x50x50cm with a weekaqua p1200 (10800lm) and APT e, kh0 GH 7 (planning to lower it at 5) and ph 5.1-5.2 during co2 injection.Growth patterns range from short dense to tall and lengthy depending on your parameters. Right now my uaupes are growing tall and lengthy im guessing because I need water column dosing.
I'm from Italy, so a local hobbyist.Who you purchasing from? I can match + maybe make things cheaper plus give extras.
Afaik, I'll place them directly under the led,no shading. I think I'll be able to reach around 200 par (for sure more than 180).For bushy areas plant closer together but make sure par is high enough so nothing is shaded. Not to confuse with thick and dense id say that way the plants will need more space. But grouping closer together should make the bush effect as long you have enough par.
Should be good. Aim gh 6 but dont think it matters.Hopefully I can grow it, and compact too ahaha. I'm placing in a 110x50x50cm with a weekaqua p1200 (10800lm) and APT e, kh0 GH 7 (planning to lower it at 5) and ph 5.1-5.2 during co2 injection.
I'm from Italy, so a local hobbyist.
Afaik, I'll place them directly under the led,no shading. I think I'll be able to reach around 200 par (for sure more than 180).
Based on this, do you think I'm set for them to show their best? Or I'm lacking something?
As long as you can grow them. Some Synos are not so easy. IMOSooo, general consensus is that are that take trimming easy enough and can be self propagated easily?
Water chemistry wise I should be spot on, kh0 and GH 7 (I can lower it), pH 5.1/2 during CO2 injection, apt e, 10800lm in a 275litres tank.As long as you can grow them. Some Synos are not so easy. IMO

Atleast with my experience with the Belem, i can say it is a slow process. The cut stem does not look good and mine got quite bit of algae.Sooo, general consensus is that are that take trimming easy enough and can be self propagated easily?
True. Macrocaulon(belem), Rio Giant, Meta all pretty easy. Vichada and the formerly named Erio Bolivianum whatever its called are touchySome Synos are not so easy. IMO
One of two possibilities. That area of the sub is breaking down or otherwise releasing dead organic matter, or that area is sitting in high flow. High flow areas tend to get bba because those areas make contact with more "milligrams" of bba food by virtue of coming into contact with more water volume. Its why outflow pipes often have it when its nowhere else to be foundany tips on why it grow only on a specific portion of substrate?)
High flow no, It Is underneath the lily pipes but it's the filter attached to the vertical CO2 reactor.That area of the sub is breaking down or otherwise releasing dead organic matter, or that area is sitting in high flow
