I can’t remember which thread it was, but I recently saw
@GreggZ had mentioned he does a burst of high PAR during his light cycle in order to manipulate his plants to produce good color. I also participate in this practice and it works quite well. I think it’s a good way to get the colors but also limit algae as much as possible. I think the best way to test this is within 1 hour increments. If after a few weeks you notice positive results, push another hour of higher intensity. My tank ramps from 0-80% on my Twinstar S II within 30 min starting at 12:30 PM. It then ramps to 100 by 3PM, and continues until 6PM. Returns to 80 and lights out by 9 after a ramp down starting at 8:30. I have kept it this way for a couple months because I have had good success but I’m thinking of extending it an extra hour.