Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

Help Looking to switch ferts

Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
15
Location
Albuquerque
I'm looking to switch ferts I have a 20g low tech and 40g high tech both currently getting a mix of apt 1 and 3. I'm wanting to switch to pps pro using the gla salts (cheaper and gets my foot in the door with the dry ferts) for both tanks, but I've seen some recommend against it for low tech, I have no issues dosing daily, actually prefer it, and if I understand correctly, its actually better for the tank as far as stable nutrient levels. My question is, can this be done? Is it really that much of an issue to go pps pro on a low tech? I really want 1 solution (i.e. macro micro mixes) for both problems (the two tanks (obviously they'll need their own amounts as for as dose size)). I'm limited to 20 gallons of clean water at a time (remineralized with apt sky plus to 6 GH since I have neos, amanos and snails) due to space constraints so I can either do weekly 25% changes on the tanks or 50% changes every other week. Any and all input is welcome. TIA 🙂
 
I did pps-pro with all of my tanks, mostly low-tech, for several years, before switching to Burr Aqua ferts for convenience. What is the reason given for not doing it?
 
I did pps-pro with all of my tanks, mostly low-tech, for several years, before switching to Burr Aqua ferts for convenience. What is the reason given for not doing it?
from another thread on here. "Honestly I wouldnt even bother trying to nail ppsp with a non co2 tank. Daily dosing is way too much trouble and the plants arent even using it that fast. Plus, and this is the big thing, your plants would likely benefit from having a higher concentration at one time, because the higher concentration makes it easier for plants to get the sm amounts they need"
 

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top