Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

Amazon Prime Day 2026

They have 3 different 120P tanks. Kind of confusing.

I would love a 90P. UNS has a 90U that is deeper front to back. That would be nice as well.
Yeah, technically, a 120P should be 120x50x50 (based on ADA sizing) and the one I posted is 120x60x50.
 
@Naturescapes_Rocco has recommended this diaphragm pump as part of his RO setup: https://a.co/d/09Ioy1A0

Pricing is within the normal all time low, so not anything very special. Guess I'll pick it up now and move on.

Kasa smart plugs are "on sale" for $37.99. I guess that's a couple bucks cheaper than my last post 🙄
I have one of those pumps as well, just not using it at this time. A good pump, but a bit loud as are most diaphragm pumps.
 
I knew I should have waited! I ordered one from Amazon that was obviously used, was missing parts, etc. so I ordered a replacement. That one arrived used also. So I just ordered one direct from Fzone a couple of days ago. Hate I missed the sale.
I got mine off Amazon. Fortunately, no signs of it being used.
 
Yeah, technically, a 120P should be 120x50x50 (based on ADA sizing) and the one I posted is 120x60x50.
This is the size I purchased from Aqua Rocks, super excited! Tommy says in SE Asia they call it a 120c for "competition" because the extra depth to the back wall is what so many diorama scapers use for their competition scapes.
 
This is the size I purchased from Aqua Rocks, super excited! Tommy says in SE Asia they call it a 120c for "competition" because the extra depth to the back wall is what so many diorama scapers use for their competition scapes.
Yeah, if I were going to get a tank to use for a competition scape, I'd definitely want one with dimensions more like this, perhaps even a little shorter height so you don't need to build up soil or hardscape height as much..
 
Also on sale (to go along with the Inkbirds), I use this Hygger dumb titanium heater rod that normally goes with their smart heater, for my RODI storage tank.

Replacement Hygger 802 Aquarium Titanium Heater Rod

You could potentially DIY your own external inline heater using this, the inkbird, and some pvc tubing and fittings. There's a video on Youtube of someone doing that with a different heater.
 
Define really bad 🤔🤔 it varies from piece to piece, the darker stuff leaches more but not for long period of time.. I left some in a 5 gallon bowl and it turned to tea, but only because it was a very small water volume, I hadn't planted it up and I let it soak without changing the water while waiting for it to sink.

The two drilled onto slate went straight in, this has been up 3 weeks and no water change yet

20260623_181331.webp

I'm sure there's some tannin in there, I'll know better after water change but it's not bad 👍

Full disclosure I'm sure this is not real mopani, it's not that iron-hard super heavy stuff. Real mopani you can't get a screw into 🙄🙄 This is just gnarled up medium density wood, but very attractive and inexpensive 👍
 
Last edited:
Just came upon another decent deal. I use these inline from my RO storage tank to my repurposed plastic inflow pipes when doing water changes or filling a new tank to confirm the exact water amounts.

RAINPOINT Water Flow Meter
 
Define really bad 🤔🤔 it varies from peace to peace, the darker stuff leeches more but not for long period of time.. I left some in a 5 gallon bowl and it turned to tea, but only because it was a very small water volume, I hadn't planted it up and I let it soak without changing the water while waiting for it to sink.

The two drilled onto slate went straight in, this has been up 3 weeks and no water change yet

View attachment 18048

I'm sure there's some tannin
in there, I'll know better after water change but it's not bad 👍

Full disclosure I'm sure this is not real mopani, it's not that iron-hard super heavy stuff. Real mopani you can't get a screw into 🙄🙄 This is just gnarled up medium density wood, but very attractive and inexpensive 👍
I just thought I remembered a youtube video where they were discussing the different types of driftwood and they called Mopani out as one of the worst for tannins. It's been awhile, it may have been something else.
 
Are hygger return pumps as reliable as Jebao return pumps?
this one is 20% off for prime day

and there's this one that looks like the old jebao dcp series from before 2021

a few years ago hygger was at least 1 gen behind Jebao but idk about these days :unsure:
I have a small hygger return on my biocube and it works great.
 
For anyone who recently bought a purchase from Amazon just to find the item on sale for prime day, there is a work around. You can just return it within a 30-day window. I did this earlier in the year with an wet/dry vacuum mop combo. I saved around $100. Here is the kicker, I had the box sitting in the house and opened a day before it went on sale. I called amazon to see if they would get me a rebate to my account for the new sales price. Customer service rep. said let's just order a new one at the discounted price and start a return on the previously purchased one. They credited the refund right then and there for the old purchase and I had a week to return it. I got the new one in delivered the next and returned that one as if it was the original. I told amazon that is what I was going to do, and the rep said no problem.
 

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top