Good to know! is there a specific science to how you cut them or is it just however small you would like to ?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I try not to go below 1.5cm there abouts for Anubias white petite. I think below a certain size, the new leaves produced will be tiny and take damn long to develop. I have not tested the absolutely minimum size thoughGood to know! is there a specific science to how you cut them or is it just however small you would like to ?







You explain it's part of a large group project to examine the growth patterns of this plant as it relates to different types of aquascapes. The planted tank community is counting on your contributions to move forward.If I were growing a fern heavy NA tank this would be epic as a foreground/midground if it stays low. I have a 60u and a ton of driftwood, anyone got a gameplan to sell the wife on why I need to set it up and do that? View attachment 16839
My wife would maybe buy it if I sell it as my contribution is to determine how hard it is to kill. Will try to limit this aside Dennis.You explain it's part of a large group project to examine the growth patterns of this plant as it relates to different types of aquascapes. The planted tank community is counting on your contributions to move forward.
Dennis any more details on the growth pattern and height? If I were growing a fern heavy NA tank this would be epic as a foreground/midground if it stays low. I have a 60u and a ton of driftwood, anyone got a gameplan to sell the wife on why I need to set it up and do that? View attachment 16839
Hi, about the white plant on the left, is it Hygrophila polysperma "White"? I ask because those leaves remind me more Bacopa spp.
that is Hygrophila polysperma "White", from Tropica TC, you can see more photos of it in this tank: Journal - 75L Hygrophila polysperma white displayHi, about the white plant on the left, is it Hygrophila polysperma "White"? I ask because those leaves remind me more Bacopa spp.
With so many stems, when you cut the top and replant it, discarding the bottom, you plants multiple stems at the same time or pick single stem and plant in the substrate? Planting more than 300 stems at each, will take hoursEstimation from the last trimming cycle is that there are around 350 stems of Rotala florida in the tank.
I plant them single stem by stem.With so many stems, when you cut the top and replant it, discarding the bottom, you plants multiple stems at the same time or pick single stem and plant in the substrate? Planting more than 300 stems at each, will take hours





A great example of something that is underdiscussed. Horticulture plays a major role in a planted tank. You've been doing a great job of delving deeper into how plants respond differently to different horticulture techniques. Keep it up they are some of my favorite posts from you.I thought I had an interesting example to share here:
Lysimachia parvifolia: the ones on the right are not growing well, the ones on the left are growing great. Same substrate, same water parameters/CO2/light etc. The main difference is that the ones on the right have been growing for months, being just trimmed back repeatedly. The ones on the left have been uprooted, split and replanted. Age and rootzone compaction affects plant growth patterns more than folks realize. This is also not just localized substrate nutrients being exhausted - this is an EI tank, the water column is saturated with nutrients. This pattern is quite familiar to folks running farm tanks, and that is why many folks reset their tanks so often. I find full resets unnecessary, we can uproot/replant individual patches as they age.
View attachment 17892