I know this is true but I cringe doing itIn my experience any of the ludwigia will branch like crazy if you just trim out the highest tip.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I know this is true but I cringe doing itIn my experience any of the ludwigia will branch like crazy if you just trim out the highest tip.














That looks good so far. Way better than any ammania I’ve tried in the past.Takeaways from Ammania Senegalensis so far:
Way more challenging to grow than expected (I love a challenge).
That does look like glandulosa based on the google images I looked up out of curiosity. That’s one plant that never even tried to grow for me, instant mush in 48 hours the two times I tried it.It’s not repens, and I’m hoping on a very rare chance it’s glandulosa. Please advise if you know what I’m looking at.
With all alternating leaves it about has to be glandulosa. Rubin would be the next closest but it has both alternating and adjacent
Ammania sp are unique even among Lythracaea in needing low water column nutrients. They're not hard to grow. Fresh soil and no dosing, or maybe a little K and they'll be four or five inches wide, fat weeds. The only reason theyre considered difficult is because the hobby spent a decade frying them with EI. Not a knock on EI, these plants just dont like much nutrients in the water. Even mid level dosing is usually too much. They wont grow in my tanks either
