Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

Journal Kwyet’s 60G Hillstream Tank

Yes, gastromyzon, but I don’t know anything more specific. I wouldn’t put them in a rimless tank either, although I know people try it. They’re great climbers. Yeah, they all want that specific rock and don’t want to share, lol!
 
I still really like this tank, and the fish are very entertaining. I can spend a lot of time in front of it, just watching everything. The one frustration is this algae, which is the same stuff that has infested the moss in my Dutch tank. It probably travelled from here to there when I stupidly moved a crypt from this tank to that temporarily to see how it looked.

I’ve tried to kill it (in cups, not in the tank) with Excel, Algaefix, hydrogen peroxide, APT fix, and even reverse respiration, and nothing affects it at all. I’m soaking some of it now in pure 3% hydrogen peroxide, just out of curiosity. I’m leaving it soaking overnight, and I bet it’ll still be fine in the morning.

It’s not a disaster, because the fish and shrimp don’t mind at all and I still enjoy the tank. It just looks a little TOO natural, lol! For now, I just pull a bunch of it out every week during the water change. One day far in the future, I’ll probably just do a full reset. Maybe by that time I can upgrade the tank. This is the last “cheap” one. 😄

Here’s pics:

IMG_9926.webp
IMG_9919.webp
IMG_9917.webp
IMG_9915.webp
IMG_9914.webp
IMG_9911.webp

IMG_9909.webp

Thanks for reading!
 

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top