BranchScape 38
Active Member
I get it, there is no local source for me either other than landscaping yards and me testing them. Most of the river pebble I have tried here is safe but most is beige and grey.The rocks I’ve used for the last several years I had no issues, so I plan to just source more of those. I was trying to go a different direction with some different colors and texture for reasonable cost. The ones I had from previous layouts didn’t work with my new layout so I took the opportunity to try something different. I love this hobby but there’s just certain areas I put my foot down with expense, not to mention, I have no local source for aquascaping stone. I like to pick my pieces, not get a box of “you get what you get.”
For purchased stone, its expensive but the AFA/ADA Sansui stone boxes are really nice. If I buy stone again that is what I am buying. Emailing to see it first too.