• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

Welcome - PLEASE READ

Art

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Supporting
Founding Member
PAFF
    Reaction score

Welcome to the AquaGirls Rock forum!

The AquaGirls initiative dates back to 2016 and started as a global effort to celebrate, encourage and recruit women in the planted aquarium and aquascaping hobby. A Facebook group has been around since then but it is relatively inactive at the moment.

A forum, like ScapeCrunch, is different than Facebook as it provides for easier ways to store conversations and knowledge in a way that allows future readers to find it easily. In other words, things don't get as buried, as quickly, as they do on social media. It is for this reason that I've chosen to use ScapeCrunch to assist in growing this initiative.

The planted aquarium hobby is a wonderful hobby that brings us closer to nature and each other. It is constantly gaining in popularity and it is a shame that the percentage of women hobbyists is so low. As a son to a mother, husband to a wife, and father of a daughter, I'm honored to help in any way I (and ScapeCrunch) can. However, the AquaGirls initiative will only succeed in supporting and bringing women into the hobby IF women lean in and actively participate.

If you're a woman hobbyist and want to join the AquaGirls group, please send me a private message and I'll add you to it. You will then have permission to post in this forum. You will also get a pretty cool AquaGirls Rock user banner under your name.

Thanks for reading and caring about this important initiative.

Best,

Art

Back