• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

The official Club Netlea thread

I just hung up 3x AT6 Pro on my 180. Messing around with the app and trying to figure out how to schedule my lighting time.
I like to start at 4pm and have them on till 2am. The app is stressing about the stretch over midnight, saying the end can't be before the start. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but figured I'd ask. (Yeah, I'm a night owl, and I like my lights on when I'm home and sitting by the tank.)

I just hung up 3x AT6 Pro on my 180. Messing around with the app and trying to figure out how to schedule my lighting time.
I like to start at 4pm and have them on till 2am. The app is stressing about the stretch over midnight, saying the end can't be before the start. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but figured I'd ask. (Yeah, I'm a night owl, and I like my lights on when I'm home and sitting by the tank.)
My first impression is the app kinda blows. If you find a work around, let me know.

How are thoughts a little later now on this light? I am considering suggesting getting these lights for the Build Thread - 1000 Gallon High Tech Planted Tank I take care of. I want to take the tank to the next level with some nice RGB lights. The fluval 3.0 aren't terrible but they're not great either. 20240610_160916.jpg
This tank is 8 foot x 4 foot x 4 foot. I would need to get 6 of the lights.

Sounds like the actual lights are really good, just not the app? Anyone have any other issues with them? Have they failed on anyone? 6 lights are a big expense for the tank owner so I want to make sure I am suggesting something worthwhile.

After spending some time with them, the app is good enough. I freaking love these lights. They are very different from my WA Pandora’s, but better visually IMO. It’s hard to explain. The WA does a bit better in reds, but the Netlea makes reds look more deep red if that makes any sense. Pinks look incredible under the Netlea and greens look richer.

Now that I figured out how to deal with the app the lights are running when I want and look great. I prefer a cooler white and they do that well.
I have 3 on my 180, which is more than enough. It’s an algae factory in the new build but that’s fine. I’m soon to place fish in there that need the surface slime and algae.

Attachments

• camphoto_832100416.jpeg
    camphoto_832100416.jpeg
    919.5 KB · Views: 10
6 lights are a big expense for the tank owner

If the tank owners want an option for another interim step rather than jumping all the way to high end lights, six of these are currently on sale for 1/3 the cost of six of the AT6 Pros.

They're mid-range, about 2x as powerful as the Fluval 3.0 you have there now in terms of the PAR they push over an equivalent distance. I actually replaced a Fluval 3.0 with one of these, and the Photone PAR measurements are just over double 👍 Also the LED beam angle appears to be wider, so the spread is better than the Fluval 3.0.

Last edited:
Back