• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

Help How do you use ScapeCrunch???

Art

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Supporting
Founding Member
PAFF
    Reaction score
    Hi,

As we continue to work to make ScapeCrunch valuable and easy for you to use, whether on your computer or mobile, it's important for us to know how you use it. This informs us on how best to display information to you.

I would really appreciate it if you would kindly reply with how you use ScapeCrunch in the typical day.

First, do you visit on phone, tablet or computer?

Second, what do you do when you hit the Home Screen? Hit "New Posts", scroll down the forum list to see what was updated, or something else?

Thirdly, anything that takes you more than two clicks to get to?

Lastly, anything that kinda annoys you (other than these types of posts :))?

Thanks for caring enough about our community to contribute your data!

All the best,
    Art

Scapecrunch is one of a few tabs that are always open on my iPad. I check and read new posts multiple times a day along with forums for my other hobbies (koi ponds, bonsai, dog training), by clicking on “New Posts” to refresh the page. Click on a thread, read it, click the back arrow to go back to the list, etc. Then I just leave the page open on that list and click “New Posts” again next time I come back.
    Nothing in particular takes 2 or more clicks to get there and nothing about Scapecrunch is annoying!

60% desktop pc, 40% on phone. Usually work from 'whats new' since the header shows everywhere but the 'new posts' bar doesnt. Like right here when I post I'll hit 'whats new' above to go back to the topics page. Same thing as 'new posts' it just doesnt hide the ones youve read. Thats desktop, mobiles a little different

Back