• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

Hello Hello

Courtney

AquaGirls
Nov 24, 2022
Indiana
Hi,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Courtney. I'm a grad student and a mom to a son who has autism. I am currently doing a internship at a juvenile detention center which has been quite the learning experience. This Fall I hope to begin a PhD program in Criminal Justice. I've been keeping fish for 17 years. 2 years ago a lady I sold some fish to introduced me to planted tanks. I quickly became enthralled and went from 2 to 14 planted tanks lol. I recently got to show off one of my tanks on Waterbox aquariums Blue Friday Livestream. It was a lot of fun. I'm mainly into Dutch style but I'm ready to start learning about nature and panorama style scapes. Thanks for the invite šŸ˜Š.

OMG Courtney, I saw the Waterbox show! You've got a beautiful tank! I have a Waterbox too. Welcome to ScapeCrunch! So glad you're here.

I would encourage you to start a Build Thread for one of your aquariums. I don't know how you find the time for 14 planted tanks with everything you have going but maybe squeeze in the build thread when you want a distraction?

As a parent myself, I want to give you a virtual hug for everything you're doing. I hope we can entertain, encourage and learn along with you.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Art

OMG Courtney, I saw the Waterbox show! You've got a beautiful tank! I have a Waterbox too. Welcome to ScapeCrunch! So glad you're here.

I would encourage you to start a Build Thread for one of your aquariums. I don't know how you find the time for 14 planted tanks with everything you have going but maybe squeeze in the build thread when you want a distraction?

As a parent myself, I want to give you a virtual hug for everything you're doing. I hope we can entertain, encourage and learn along with you.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Art
Aww thank you Art! Yea all of these tanks keep me very busy. I actually sell plants and fish on eBay etc to. It's been difficult keeping up with everything lately with my internship etc. I actually have to replace one of my tanks thats leaking with a new Waterbox 16. I could take some pictures etc of whatever scape I decide to do and post it.

Hey @Courtney good to see you here.

I watched your Waterbox interview the other day and it was excellent. You should be honored to be selected.

I look forward to seeing pics of your tanks and to hear your thoughts on what makes your tank successful.

Back