• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

DIY - Desktop Nano Tank

Bolbi

Community Member
    Reaction score
    This build is for a 5 liter nano tank with canister filter hidden in the stand.

The stand​

Stand1.jpg

Burning down the house:

Stand2.jpg

Light​

I have used Chihiros C251, only had to cut off this part which is used to attach to the glass:

LED%20nano1.jpg

Glued with super glue:

LED%20nano1a.jpg

Small rabbet to hide the cable:

LED%20nano2a.jpg

LED%20nano3a.jpg

LED%20nano4a.jpg

Filter​

For filter casing I have used 1.2L Lock & Lock plastic container. Fittings are 6mm (standard for RO units). Mini pump that works on 5V - 200L/h max.

Filter5.jpg

Desktop%20FILTER1b.jpg

Desktop%20FILTER1a.jpg

Filter2.jpg

Filter3.jpg

Wiring​

Left - light, right - filter:

Instalacije.jpg

secured with hot melt glue to make it waterproof:

Instalacije2.jpg

Jacks.jpg

Inflow and outflow pipes​

They are made of 6mm stainless steel pipes, bent using a pipe bender:

NANO%20pipes3.jpg

NANO%20pipes4.jpg

Final product​

Desktop%20NANO5.jpg

Bolbi - you are a woodworking master, my friend! Thanks for posting! Super interesting to see and the espresso coffee cup really shows this is a pico tank. Wow!

Have you set it up? I'd love to see it working.

Thanks Art! The tank was tested and working (no leaks). At the moment it is on hold but the hardscape is finished... Planting will be with dry start (moss) so I'll post the video of it once flooded. ;)

Reactions: Art
    Beautiful, how much time did this take you and what wood did you use?
    Thank you! It took me about a week to complete it. There wasn't a lot of work, but there were stages that needed to wait 24h to continue with work (painting/gluing). The wood is from leftovers, I think it's pine.

Back