Tank Title name : The Garden
Hi – my name is Cheattha Sae-Teaw and I go by Anthony Zhang in English. I'm Thai-Chinese, born in Phuket, Thailand.
I worked in China for 25 years. Now, I’m living in my home town, Phuket island, which is the world's finest beach destination. I love to travel around the world and am fascinated with nature, culture, art and music. I have many hobbies such as collecting paintings, art work, gemstones, jade carvings and, of course, my favorite hobby is aquatic plant tanks.
- Display tank : Azoo 450 L (150 x 60 x50 cm) (119 US gallons)
- Glass or acrylic : Acrylic
- Stand : Azoo cabinet aquarium stand set
- Sump? None
- Filter : Canister : Crazy Stone CS-1400 1 set (1400 L/Hour) (370 US gal/Hour)
- CO2 : Pressurized CO2 with Chihiros regulator and diffuser
- Water circulation : SUNSUN Aquarium surface skimmer SKU074 (3W) - 300L/hour (80 US gal/hour) and SONIC AP-600 (4W)-350L/hour (92 US gal/hour)
- Lighting : Chihiros WRGB I (120 cm 1 set).
- Dosing :
- Fertilizers : Daily dosing Ferka Balance-N, Ferka Balance-K, Ferka Aquatilizers and TARA Ferric+
- Hormones and Bacterial : Weekly dosing TARA Biostimulants, Biological Growth, Biological Brightening, Biological Magical
- Auto top off : None
- Heating/cooling : Chiller Heilea 90A setting at 25C (77F)
- System control : None
Water circulation and flow summary and objectives
SUNSUN Aquarium surface skimmer SKU074 (3W) - 300L/hour on the middle of right side with left direction same direction with Crazy Stone CS-1400 water Filter, and SONIC AP-600 (4W)-350L/hour on the left side back top corner with forward direction to circulated the water and spread out the CO2 bubbles
- Temp : 25C (77F)
- pH : Not measuring
- NO3 : Not measuring
- PO4 : Not measuring
- Fe : Not measuring
- Tap or RO/RODI : Natural well water
- Do you remineralize? : None
What do you dose your tank and how? Fertilizer objectives
- Daily dosing Ferka Balance-N to put the Nitrogen to perform the superior condition for aquatic plants and prevent the leaves from nitrogen deficiency.
- Daily dosing Ferka Balance-K to put the Potassium to perform the superior condition for aquatic plants and prevent the leaves from withering due to potassium deficiencies.
- Daily dosing Ferka Aquatilizers to put the Magnesium, Sulpher and trace elements to promote aquatic plants to flourish and remain healthy.
and Daily dosing TARA Ferric+ to put the Ferric chelate to support the development of rich and vibrant plants coloration
- Weekly dosing TARA Biostimulants to put the plants Hormones (Auxin, Cytokinin organic potassium, etc.) to speed up the plant’s metabolism, vigorous growth and accelerates the symbiotic between substrate soil microorganism and plants
- Weekly dosing Biological Growth to put the Amino acid polypeptides, vitamins, minerals, active plant Auxin compound and probiotic to decomposed the organic matter, hydrogen sulfide and promote the root growth
- Weekly dosing Biological Brightening to put the Amino acid polypeptides, Trace elements, vitamins, minerals, active plant Auxin compound and probiotic to decomposed the organic matter, promote healthy stem and leaves and promote the plants color
- Weekly dosing Biological Magical to put the live bacteria, pathogenic solitary bacteria, essential photosynthetic bacteria for water environment improvement
- Adding by used the product dispenser pump bottle and measuring and pouring with volume measuring cup
Note : Ferka and TARA is a brand of Best quality aquarium product from Thailand, and Biological is one of most famous aquarium product brand from China
Crazy Stone Amazon Soil + Raw Base (The substrate have been used 3+years old )
Note : Crazy Stone is a famous aquarium product brand from China and Raw Base is a popular aquarium product from Thailand
Aquascaping style objective?
For this Tank the aquascaping style I named it 'The Garden' and this tank layout is divided the main garden into 3 areas :
- The First part of garden is 'The formal' which inspired by formal garden in the Palace of Versailles. This part is on the middle-right side of tank and it's the most difficult to maintain, the green lines, shapes and patterns of Pearl Weed (Hermianthus micranthemoides) need to trimmed every 3 days to maintain the shape
- The Second part of garden is 'The Keukenhof' which inspired by the Keukenhof garden in Netherland, this part garden located on the middle-left side of tank that I intended to make the garden look beautiful and colorful both from top view and front view, by the technique of Classic Dutch style I make the street of plants with contrast of colors and textures
- The Third part of garden is 'The Tropical' it's on the left side, right side and whole back tank with tropical garden style that including the different sizes, shapes, colors and textures of aquatic plants to perform the natural look as tropical forest
Lighting summary and objectives
Chihiros WRGB I (120 cm 1 set). lighting 11 hours per day (6.30 - 17.30) with Full mode (100% in all colors), 30 min ramp up and down
Water circulation and filtering out some organic waste and decomposed
Maintenance routine and export strategy
1. Daily : clean up the surface skimmer, sieving out the falling and floating leaves, adding fertilizers and feeding fish
2. Weekly : trimming some plants, clean up the tank wall, change the water 30-40% offand adding plants hormones and bacteria
3. Monthly : trimming and replanted some plants, and giving root fertilizer tablets for Cryptocoryne and Nymphaea plants
4. Quarterly : remove and replanted the carpet plants, or re-scaping the layout
Tank inhabitants - fish
1. Phenacogrammus interruptus 'Congo Tetra"
2. Melanotaenia boesemani 'Boeseman's rainbow fish'
3. Trichopodus leerii 'Pearl gourami' short body
4. Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi 'Black neon tetra'
5. Hemigrammus rodwayi 'Gold tetra'
6. Aphyocharax rathbuni 'Green fire tetra'
7. Xiphophorus macalatus 'Golden moon platy'
8. Macrotocinclus affinis 'Drawf sucking fish'
9. Carinotetraodon travancoricus 'Dwarf puffer fish'
Tank inhabitants - inverts
Tank inhabitants - plants
1. Bacopa colorata
2. Lobelia cardinalis ‘Drawf’
3. Ludwegia sphaerocarpa ‘pilosa’
4. Cabomba Furcata ‘piauhyensis’
5. Lidwegia sp. Mini super red
6. Pogostemon erectus
7.Rotala macrandra green
8. Eriocaulon Vietnam
9. Rotala colorata
10. Myriophyllum sp. Guyana
11. Cyperus helferi
12. Hermianthus micranthemoides ‘Pearl Weed'
13. Heteranthera zosterifolia ‘Stargrass’
14. Limnophila hippuridoides
15.Alteranthera Reineckii ‘Rosanervig’
16.Cryptocoryne wendtii ‘Flamingo’
17. Cryptocoryne wendtii ‘Mini brown’
18 .Hyptis lorentziana
19. Blyxa japonica
20. Micranthemum tweediei “Monte Carlo”
21. Juncus repens
22. Bucephalandra sp. ‘Metallica’
23. Nymphaea oxypetala
How did you decide what to keep in your tank?
I selected aquatic plants and animals based on their natural compatibility that will survive and be healthy in my tank’s conditions. And design the plant's layout based on their unique characteristics.
Any stocking regrets?
What do you love most about this hobby?
Feeling focus and concentrated when I do the tank maintenance, and feeling happy, relaxed and peaceful when watching the tank
What’s your dream tank?
In this Present : Dutch aqauscaping layout with colorful and healthy aquatic plants
In the Future : My own style aquacaping layout that is unique, stands out and is recognizable and styled in 360L Ultraclear glass tank, steel loft cabinet stand with Chihiros WRGB Pro Light
What was your biggest challenge with this tank and how did you get past it?
The big challenge is the formal garden maintenance which requires concentration and skill in trimming so I meditate before trimming
What is the most valuable piece of equipment for this tank?
Light and Chiller equipments
Any future plans for this tank?
January 2023 change new substrate and The Classic Dutch style will be the first layout of this new setup tank for learning the traditional rules of real Dutch style, and the second layout will transform it to Modern Dutch style or colorful Formal garden tank
Any special tips for success or advice you’d like to share with other hobbyists?
-Plant Hormones are my secret items to enrichment the aquatic plants health
-Bacteria are important factors in the existence and balance of biological system in planted aquarium, find the right bacteria product for your tank and used it now
-Fertilizer is a basic factors that needs to be understood to used in right proportions, learn to use it properly
-Observe and learn the possibilities of nature in ecosystem of your tank, it's a key to success
Any closing thoughts or comments?
I hope my tank will give you some useful information
Finally, thank you and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!