• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

Crypt Wendtii “Sindoor”

Just an update, the Sindoor melted away pretty quickly and not sure why. I have a feeling it’s going to be a difficult plant to get going as it was lab created and not s natural strain of Wendtii. I’ll try it again in the future because I like the color a lot.

I think its brand new too which would also explain the scarcity of converted pics. But it seems like at least the developer should have pics. And of course they do

I'll go out on a limb and say it doesnt keep the pink color. Its prettier in the tc cup than it is converted

Some of our members purchased it and it basically had no root systems. With the TC plants, if I don't see a good root system, I will get them healthy emersed before I try and transition them submersed. It has worked great for me and as long as the plant establishes itself emersed first, then the plants do great when I plant them into my aquascapes

Some of our members purchased it and it basically had no root systems. With the TC plants, if I don't see a good root system, I will get them healthy emersed before I try and transition them submersed. It has worked great for me and as long as the plant establishes itself emersed first, then the plants do great when I plant them into my aquascapes
Did any of them succeed with it?

Back