• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

Build Thread Ayman Roshdy Aquascaping Journey

Got inspired by other forum members; accordingly changed the subject of this thread, so that I use as my aquascaping journal for future aquascapes

My dragon stone middle island aquascape

Another dragon stone island aquascape

My Guppies Pond

My plan so far:

High or Low TechTypeStatusComments
Low TechBalcony Pond for my guppiesCreated
Low Tech80x40x40 cm tankCreated
Low TechNano Shrimp TankBuildingI am mainly using plant trimmings from the above tank, so building it might take 2 - 3 more weeks
High Tech50x35x40 cm tankIdeaOnly an idea so far were I am going to build something like the below picture, this will be a high tech tank using DIY CO2
50-cm-Tank-Replica.png
High Tech80x35x35 cm tankBuildingThe tank is custom made, being built together with the light

And I am taking my time to study everything since this would be my largest high tech build so far
The details about this tank have its own thread

Back