• Welcome to ScapeCrunch!

We are a friendly, online community of people interested in planted aquariums. We support and help each other learn and grow. It is our sincere hope that you will join us and find our tight-knit community valuable and fun!

ScapeCrunch is different than Facebook Groups. Here's how:

• It is a place where you can make long-term friends in the planted aquarium hobby and have long, multi-day talks on specific subjects.
    • Unlike social media, online communities like ScapeCrunch are much better at curating collective knowledge and in fostering deeper relationships.
    • They lend themselves better at long-form discussions.
    • You can maintain a thread on your personal aquarium with pictures and details. Other members can comment, help and ask questions. You can do the same with their Member Tank threads.

Where Facebook is more like a large city-wide party, ScapeCrunch is more like your neighborhood bar "where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came." It's always fun to go to large parties but it's at the local bar that you feel people really know you. The great part is that you can and should go to both!

Please consider joining to become a full fledged member of our growing community of planted aquarium obsessed enthusiasts. Let's grow together!

Join Us!

AI's new blade

anewbie

Community Member
Jan 23, 2023
USA
I picked up aqua illumination blade 30 to 'test'. This is a picture if it on my 29:
1.jpg

2.jpg

(setting is 70% on all channels)

This is the fluval plant 3.0:
29_nov_12_22.jpg

If you look at the substrate you can see the fluval yellowish tint; the blade is neutral to slightly cool.
red 89 blue 26 blue-white 72 white 86 yellow 79 is the plant 3.0 setting (default 'plant' profile)
-
The fluval is a 30 watt unit and the blade 60 watt; i've not measured par or actual watt out of the socket but when i'm less lazy i'll try to measure both.

So far not much to report; it seems 'clearer' than the fluval; bit of light leak on the side - will probably measure par later this week as well as wattage. On the surface it is better than the plant 3.0 and wrgb 2.0 with regards to clarity/balance but it will take several months to notice if it has an impact on plants. The wrgb has a lot of light leak on the side (they know about this as they sell shades). Only real negative so far is how it sits on the aquarium and lack of ip67. I would likely buy this over either the plant 3.0 or wrgb-2 but this view might change after using it longer (I have several different models of both wrgb-2 and plant-3.0). One oddity about the line is while they fit 30 inch and 48 inch aquarium they do not have a good option for 36 inch aquarium (40B) which sort of seems odd to me.

AI is a side brand of Ecotech and now BRS. Not unusual about the 36” as it is not a common size in the Marine hobby which is their main focus.

AI is a side brand of Ecotech and now BRS. Not unusual about the 36” as it is not a common size in the Marine hobby which is their main focus.
I guess but they do make freshwater items. Not sure what I think of BRS as a brand - anyway these are a lot less expensive than ghl 700{4,6} lights.

BRS is the largest aquarium dealer on the Internet. They have bought most of the marine aquarium brand over the last couple of years. The AI line of Ecotech’s products is their cheap lights. They are not in any way in the same level of LED light the Extotec’s G5 lights or the GHL lights. The GHL Lights you can buy the LED pucks separately and change to a marine spectrum if you wished to.

BRS is the largest aquarium dealer on the Internet. They have bought most of the marine aquarium brand over the last couple of years.
I'm quasi familiar with brs as i was looking at their ro units; but didn't know they were that large. oh well learn something new every day and sometimes more than just one thing.

To me it’s not a great thing that BRS has bought up a lot of the small aquarium companies. Or should I say a holding company has bought BRS the. Bought a lot of small aquarium companies.
Having worked for several holding companies. It never turns out good.

Back